Behind Nordic Vet Shop you find me, Vibeke Nordrehaug.
I'm Norwegian and have lived in Denmark since 2007. I'm married to a Dane, and we have four children and currently one dog.
Once, way back in time, there was an aggressive readopted dog that I got a very strong connection to, and I won his trust. This dog made want to become a veterinarian. Since I have had several dogs, trained them for various purposes, and also dogs with several challenges.
During my life I have travelled around the world for my education and work. For many years I have worked as a leader in large international companies, with veterinary pharmaceuticals and food analysis. I also have experience from one of Norway's largest Companion Animal Hospitals, and has worked in the military with patrol dogs.
- Dog handler of Patrol dogs, Norwegian Armed Forces 1997
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, University of Budapest 2003
- Executive Master of Business Administration, Copenhagen Business School 2010
I continuosly stay updated in my scientific fields, and in addition to my background as a veterinarian and a dog handler, I have studied dog-related topics, like
- Dog behaviour and communication
- How dogs learn
- Puppy training
- Fear free handling, low stress handling
- Nutrition, Skin problems, Parasites
- Change management and Psychology in Organisations
- Stress recognition and stress handling
- Time management & Personal efficiency
I have had the privilege to have mentored and coached students and colleagues for years.
You can find my CV and more information on me here.
If you wonder if I can help you or you want more information, contact me for an informal talk. I take a great interest in topics related to dogs and self-development, and I look forward to talking to you.